Andrew Segal is a former prosecutor who now represents the accused in Huntsville-area courts. Andrew graduated cum laude from Bowdoin College in Brunswick, Maine, in 1982. During his time at Washington College of Law at American University, he discovered his passion for criminal law.
After graduating in 1988, he became an Assistant Attorney General for Alabama, and, in 1991, an Assistant District Attorney in Madison County. In both positions, he prosecuted charges against the accused in criminal courts.
In 1996, Andrew began a private practice as a criminal defense lawyer. He now uses the knowledge and understanding he gained as a prosecutor to advocate for the rights of the accused. Andrew understands the mind of prosecutor, and he knows their tactics. He uses this knowledge to be an effective, skilled representative for those accused of crimes.
Andrew has appeared on a local television show called Law Line as an expert, and teaches legal education for continuing education programs.
- The Law Offices of Segal & Segal, 2007 – Present
- Assistant District Attorney, 1991 – 1996
- Assistant Alabama Attorney General, 1989 – 1991
Admitted to Practice in:
- All Alabama state courts
- U.S. District Court in the Northern, Southern and Middle Alabama Districts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- Bowdoin College, Brunswick, Maine – 1982
- Washington College of Law at American University, Washington D.C. – 1988
- Alabama State Bar
- Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association