Sandra Segal is a former prosecutor, who now uses her skills and knowledge to represent the accused as an experienced criminal defense lawyer. She graduated with bachelor's degrees in both mathematics and German from Auburn University in 1986. After earning her juris doctor from Washington College of Law at American University in 1989, Sandra returned to Huntsville, where she spent most of her formative years, and entered private practice as a civil litigator. In 1992, she became an Assistant City Attorney for Huntsville, where she prosecuted charges in the Huntsville Municipal Court. Now, Sandra puts her skills as a litigator and her experience as a prosecutor to work for those accused of crimes in the Huntsville area. Sandra is a veteran of the courts, and knows how prosecutors approach their cases. Her experience makes her a dedicated and skilled advocate for her clients. She also served as managing partner of Law Offices Of Segal & Segal.
- Managing Partner, Segal & Segal, L.L.C., Huntsville, Alabama September 2007 – Present
- Sandra R.D. Segal, Attorney at Law, Huntsville, Alabama, August 2006 – August 2007
- Contract Attorney October 1996 – July 2006
- Associate, Bond, Botes, Sysktus & Larsen, P.C., Huntsville, Alabama, March – June 1996
- Sandra R. Segal, P.C., Huntsville, Alabama, March 1992 – August 1992
- Associate for Anderson, Graddick, & Nabors, Montgomery, Alabama, September – August 1991
- Law Clerk for Anderson, Graddick, & Nabors, Montgomery, Alabama, February – August 1990
- Law Clerk to the Technology Assessment Board, United States Congress, Washington, D.C., Summer 1988
- Law Clerk to the Chief Counsel of the Republican National Committee, Washington, D.C., Summer 1987
Admitted to Practice in:
- All Alabama state and municipal courts.
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama.
- U.S. Supreme Court.
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama 1986
- Bachelor of Arts in German, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama 1986
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, Washington College of Law, American University, Washington, D.C., 1989
Awards and Honors:
- Member, Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity, Washington College of Law, American University, Washington, D.C. 1986 – 1989
- Most Outstanding Senior, Pi Lambda Sigma Pre-Law Honor Society, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama 1986
- President, Pi Lambda Sigma Pre-Law Honor Society, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama 1985 – 1986
- President, Pi Mu Epsilon Mathematics Honor Society, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama 1985 – 1986
- Selected to Present Paper, Pi Mu Epsilon Mathematics Honor Society, National Meeting, University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming 1986
- Secretary General of the South Eastern Invitational Model United Nations, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama 1985
- Director of Legislative Relations (Between the Auburn University Student Government and the Alabama State Legislature), Student Government Association, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama 1985 – 1986
- Most Outstanding Cabinet Member, Student Government Association, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama 1986
- Official Commendation of the Department of the Army for work performed as an Engineering Aid in Summer 1982, October 1982
- U.S. Supreme Court Bar
- Federal Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association